Easiest Way to add Google Pixel Tracking on Your Website
For those, planning to keep track of the visitors landing on your site, it is essential to know more about how they can appear in the first place and which ads work best.
Google Pixel tracking is one solution that would help you with the above.
Offering in-depth insights on visitor’s behavior, Pixel Tracking is primarily short snippets of code embedded within the website. Put simply, Google Pixel Tracking helps you understand who your potential customers are and then this information can further be used to target them with user-specific campaigns.
Let me tell you that adding Google Pixel Tracking is pretty simple and following the steps given below, even a non-technical person can start with it. Without much ado, let’s see what the process is.
Add Google Pixel Tracking on your Website
- Begin with creating your account in Google Tag Manager. Use your Google id to create an account.
Fill in the desired details in the next form that appears.
Hit the ‘Create’ button. Finally, make sure that you accept the terms and conditions after reading them as you proceed.
- Now, scroll down to find two snippets. Save them for future reference.
- Now, log into your WordPress and on the dashboard, click on the plugin.
In the search bar, enter ‘Insert Header and Footers’. You will find the right plugin to install.
Click on the plugin to download and install the same.
- After activating the plugin, you must be able to find its name in the settings option in the plugin dashboard. Click on the ‘Insert Header and Footer’ button and paste the relevant GTM codes as copied in the second step.
Next, click on save to update the changes made.
- Login/signup to Facebook Event Manager and look for the ‘Pixel’ link in the top-left corner of your dashboard. Click on it to begin towards the process of creating a pixel. From the first screen in process, click on ‘Create a Pixel’.
Next, you need to provide your website URL and name your pixel. Make sure you name your pixel as per your business and not a campaign because you get only one pixel per ad account.
Now, after clicking on the ‘Create button’, choose to manually install the code yourself as your option.
This will enable you to copy the Facebook Pixel Code.
Copy the code.
- Come back to the GTM (Google Tag Manager) dashboard and click on the ‘Add a New Tag’ link.
Give your new tag a name and choose its type as ‘Custom HTML’
In the space for the custom HTML, place the copied Facebook Pixel Code’.
- Now your Google Pixel Tracking method is ready. The next thing you do is set up events, ads, and campaigns to start the tracking process.
Considering that you have executed each of the above steps in the right order, you would now be able to successfully assess and track your website traffic with ease (If you face problems, recheck the codes that you copied). Come up with exciting events and campaigns to make the most out of your website.